Isn’t it SO frustrating when you’re trying to do what’s right and that homeowner feels like you’re just trying to take them for more money?
I’m talking about those times when:
- You’re giving a pitch to a homeowner and you feel like you nailed it, hitting all their pain points and bringing everything up.
- You shared how you could help, and they just did NOT hear it.
- You’re trying to overcome the deductible objection and that homeowner says “Well, that other rep said they’d eat my deductible. Now, you’re telling me it’s fraud.”
That frustration drives me WILD.
So, what if instead, you could follow a pitching formula that would deliver your message in a BULLETPROOF way? That means pitching in a way that:
- Lands with the customer
- Gets them to see your point of view
- Gets them to agree with you and want to work with you.
- Makes you feel even MORE confident in the home
- Gives you the confidence to overcome even MORE objections, even if you get knocked off course
- Helps you upsell and cross-sell other products
Now, this formula can work for you because it worked for Jerome, who at 21 years old in Montana was closing at 71% in retail roofing sales. In just one year of practicing and refining this framework, he is now closing at 76%.
So, I’ll be teaching you that Bulletproof Pitching Formula here.
First, I want to say a quick welcome or welcome back. My name is Adam Bensman, The Roof Strategist. Everything I do here is designed to help you and your team smash your income goals and give every customer an amazing experience.
Now, what if I also told you that you already experienced that formula right at the beginning of this blog? WILD, right?
So, let’s break it down.
FREE “Pitch” Like a Pro Roofing Sales Training
240+ Video Library for Storm and Retail
For Roofing Sales Reps & Owners With New Hires: All the training you need to be a “million dollar” closer!Get Instant Access
Background: The Psychology Behind the Bulletproof Pitching Formula
As a teacher, my job is to help you experience some things, and it can be easier to learn via experience that’s outside of roofing sales because, sometimes:
- We get our blinders on.
- We need to get out of our own way.
So, I’m going to teach you this Bulletproof Pitching Formula.
This formula follows some profound psychology of how humans process information. In fact:
- Humans are often skeptical creatures, especially when it comes to sales.
- Homeowners often think that you’re just trying to justify estimates or overcome deductible objections by claiming fraud or pointing out that others’ estimates just aren’t that detailed.
- Homeowners usually just hear that as “BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.” They think you just want to take more of their money.
Now, that can really HURT because, in our heart of hearts, we know that we are doing our BEST to:
- Serve them.
- Communicate that message.
- Help them try to make the right decision by choosing the best contractor (and, hopefully, that’s you! If it isn’t, you probably switch companies or reevaluate where you’re at).
So, I’m going to teach you how to use this SUPERPOWER that can be applied for good or evil. My hope and my vision are that you use this ethically to:
- Communicate a strong message to your homeowners
- Earn more business, so you can take care of more people and collect more “Thank You” notes.
After I teach you this Formula, I’m going to bring you back to the introduction and show you how I delivered it, closing with an example to teach you how this works outside of roofing sales (with some other examples).
Once you know this Formula, you can spin and refine it however you want for the roofing space, the solar side, selling gutters, adding on siding, or whatever else.
Now, let’s rock and roll.
How the Bulletproof Pitching Formula Works
The Bulletproof Pitching Formula is the PPCP Framework. That PPCP stands for:
- Problem: The introduction to this blog opened with a question about a specific problem. I asked if it frustrates you when you deliver that message and it doesn’t land with that customer. I know that feeling because I’ve been there. So, that’s the problem. It brings you to that pain point and frustration. We HAVE to go there first because people only seek solutions to problems. That’s why we start with the problem first.
- Promise: Once we’ve pointed out the problem, we move into the promise. A promise is what this can do for you. In this blog, I’ve promised to share this Bulletproof Pitching Formula with you to help you increase your close rate. That’s a promise.
- Claim: The claim here is that you will feel more confident and you won’t skip a beat. Now, that’s softer and less quantifiable than other claims. It’s just about a feeling, and it’s another supporting claim of how I can serve you through this Bulletproof Pitching Formula.
- Proof: Lastly, we have the proof, which was the 21-year-old Jerome, who used this Formula with success. In other words, the proof can be a testimonial, a success story, or a true story to exemplify how this has worked for others.
That’s how we create a bulletproof pitch — and it’s how we make a promise, make a claim, and give them indisputable proof.
Now, let’s look at an example outside the roofing space.
How the PPCP Formula Works: An Example Outside of Roofing Sales
Let’s talk weight loss, looking at a fake infomercial and running through how the PPCP Formula would work with it.
- Problem: Are you sick and tired of trying to lose that stubborn belly fat? That fat is the problem.
- Promise: Lose 20 pounds in 30 days with this new miraculous diet. That’s the promise — to lose 20 pounds in 30 days using the new miraculous diet.
- Claim: Feel better than you’ve EVER felt in the last decade. Fit in that dress you’ve always wanted to fit into and look great in pictures. So, the claim is to fit in the dress, feel great, and look good in photos.
- Proof: Look at how Peggy lost 20 pounds in 30 days using our new miraculous diet. Here’s the before picture and the after picture. Tommy lost 19.7 pounds in 30 days using this diet. That’s the proof.
So, you start with the problem and move into a promise of how you can help them. Then, you use:
- Supporting claims about how you can serve even deeper and how they’re going to feel
- Indisputable proof stories of your customers, like Peggy who you served down the street
When we present our information this way, whether we’re overcoming a deductible objection or presenting upsell options:
- We plug all the holes of how that person is thinking and processing that information, without them even thinking about it.
- They go from thinking that you’re making a tall, unbelievable claim to thinking, Wow! If it works for them, it’ll work for me!
So, that’s the WILDLY powerful psychology of the PPCP Framework. By the way, I created this months ago, and I did NOT want to share it on YouTube because I felt like it was TOO powerful.
My mindset has shifted since then because I am working on being vulnerable and serving as deeply as I can, opening myself up to serve and support as many people as possible. And that means not withholding things.
So, I’m proud to share this PPCP Framework with you, so you can go out there, earn more business, and get even BETTER results in storm or retail roofing sales.
Want More Roofing Sales? Or Training For Your Team?
We’ve helped thousands of sales reps overcome the same sales challenges you’re probably facing. Like not getting enough leads, getting stuck on objections, or not closing sales in the house.
Learn how we can help you:
- Get trained up in a lightning-fast 9.5 hours
- Self-generate more leads
- Become a confident closer
Pick a time for your 1-on-1 demo.
Or use the links below to get instant access, 100% Risk Free! Backed by our 30-Day ‘NO BS’ Money Back Guarantee.
Thanks for joining me, and I look forward to sharing more with you in the next blog.